06 November 2004

fractured update

today is promising to be an interesting day already.
my orthopedic dr. came in this morning and we got into --another-- shouting match. i asked him what's the problem and he said he never had anyone with oi as old and difficult as i am.... he's very difficult to communicate with.

after he left, i asked the nurse for a list of doctors so i can get a second opinion, or just fire him and get a new dr. , but still haven't received any other options yet. my nurse says they just don't know what to do with me because i'm presenting so many different problems. i asked for a social worker but still haven't seen one. now it's saturday and the social worker is on call for emergency only, so i'll probably have to wait till monday i suppose.

my bone dr. seems to be as frustrated as everyone else ... he says he getting a general medicine dr. for me since i don't have one and all he can do is bones. he has no idea what to do about all my other problems, which seem to be mounting. he finally read the cat scan they took of my leg and realized i was telling him the truth when i said the splint is in the wrong place. the nurse says a resident will be in soon to resplint my leg. then hopefully the fracture wlll be stabilized. till then (and hopefully afterwards) i'm still on a morphine drip which is causing urinary problems, so i'm hooked up to a foley catheter. i also have skin breakdown on my butt plus my other problems.

so i guess i'm just being an impatient patient, and wanting things to happen too fast. one good thing, a very wonderful cna came and just finished giving me a bath for the first time in a week so i feel better at least. and my dr. has been gone a few hours so i'm in a better mood now. unfortunately my arm is getting sore from all this typing so i'm gonna have to stop for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home