06 November 2004

you're fired

i was brought to this hospital by ambulance about a week ago. since i don't really have any formal ortho or family doctor, i was just assigned one here at the hospital when admitted. my assigned bone dr., a balding, middle-aged man with too much attitude, is a jerk.

since i have been here i've seen him only about 3 times and every time, we've gotten into a shouting match and he ends up walking out the door in a huff, me not to see him till 2 or 3 days later. it happened again today, but i finally got him to realize (before he walked out again) that he splinted my leg in the wrong place, not high enough above my knee. a few hours later, one of the hospital ortho residents came in and rewrapped my leg, correctly.

during our latest shouting match, the dr. told me i was the most difficult oi patient he's ever had to diagnose. (obviously, since he splinted my leg wrong) and that he's the one who admitted me to the hospital, and i never even told him "thank-you."

i almost started laughing, but instead, i kept my cool and told him i very much appreciated him admitting me in my broken condition. he walked out again after that.

so i told the resident about all that and he was flabbergasted at my story. i told the resident, who was very nice, that i felt i needed a second opinion for the rest of my stay here, and he agreed. so as soon as i find another halfway decent doctor, i think i'm gonna pull a donald trump and tell my current one, "you're fired." i've never done that before, but i think this is the time to start a new trend.

after all, i do have some self-respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home