17 November 2004

carny

things are going about normal here. it's a carnival.

dr. chang poked his head in my room this morning and asked me if i'd found anything out. wait -- that's my question for him. so i've pretty much given up on pacific rehab as an option. the employees here (nurses, nursing assistants, etc. the real people) tell me things have changed for the worse at pac rehab in the past couple years, whatever that means, hard times i guess.... chang does look pretty frazzled. all he's told me is they have criteria they must meet to accept me.

haven't seen ortho dr. murray for days. i'm beginning to lose any trust in him (never really had much). so i won't be surprised if he discharges me any second.

am beginning to feel like an authentic local now, indebted for zillions to the state, impoverished. so that's a badge of honor at least. i'm eating too much. what'r u gonna do when they serve three meals a day and there's nothing else to do but eat? so i'm getting fat. have given up on bm's. bedpans are too painful. but my bones are healing, so a couple more weeks and i should be good to go -- where? not sure yet.

my wheelchariot got delivered this morning, sans charger. batteries are almost completely dead. but at least the chair's here. my physical therapist, i use that term loosely, is so elated. now he thinks he has something to do. forget physical therapy, all he's ever done is get me able to crawl to the edge of the bed so i can get in the chair. now that it's here, his goal is to get me in that chair and wa-la i'm cured. so he practically dragged me into it today. it did feel good to be out of bed. i drove it nowhere because the batteries are so dead.

so he told me that was my homework for the evening, get the charger. my friend riley says he will bring it friday if i can't get it some other way before then. no worries.

therapist thinks once i can get in my chair all i need is meals-on-wheels to be independent again and survive alone no problem, hah. he wants me outta here so bad, i don't know why. maybe it's because i hurt his feelings on the first day we met by telling him he had no idea what he's doing, which is true. or maybe somebody's putting pressure on him. poor kid. i did talk him into massaging my shoulder a couple minutes today because it's all tensed up from being stuck in bed. he seemed confused.

people are such morons....

i'm living in a sitcom. haven't had this much fun since green acres on the big island at hilo med center when i arrived in 1995. unfortunately these oahu people are a bit more sophisticated, and a bit more difficult to deal with. but that's just more of a challenge for me.

what better way to spend world war five? the political world is in a death spiral. can't expect things to improve much. no wonder the market is doing so well.

the staff here are still great, but i think even they are getting a bit tired of me. no one knows what to do .... too much fun. case manager's still trying to find a foster family to take care of me. so far i've been visited by only two, both with multiple brats. i told the case managers no way will i live with kids. so they're still looking. as time passes i will know more exactly about dates. for now it's still just a guess..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home